Tuesday, September 22, 2009

All teary eyed!!

I would not consider myself an emotional, cry at the drop of a hat kind of person. It takes a lot for me to shed a tear and no that wasn't me in the mini-van on the side of the road crying to that new country song!!! Seriously, some of those songs are sad!!! Okay confession moment over, moving on...
Abigail is 3 years old and this age is just fascinating with how quickly they pick things up, and then repeat them to you. For example while driving in the car today Abigail said "mommy I'm your treasure". I tell her this and I guess she gets it. Well Abigail brought tears to my eyes this past Sunday. I shocked myself but I just couldn't help it. It was one of those overwhelming moments where felt completely blessed and honored to be her mommy. John and I got tickets to the Charger game and Noelle was going to watch the kids for us. I had no food in the house, so I headed to the grocery store (the kids have to eat!) and John took the kids on a walk. On my way back from the store Abigail, Mason and John were coming up the corner of our street. I stopped the car to say hi and then continued on to our driveway. Our house is at the end of the cul-da-sac. As I got out of the car I heard this very faint "mommy" and I turn to see Abigail running down the sidewalk. She continued to do this running and saying mommy with a huge smile on her face. She ran past at least 15 houses ( huge feat for a 3 year old) to get to me, she did not stop until she reached me and hugged me. The whole time I just stood there in awe of this "treasure" that God has given to me. I knelt down to receive your little blessing of love and just thank my God above.
This truly is an amazing age! Even today I was awed by her. John played golf today and was getting home a little later then expected. The kids have a timer in their head and somehow know when it is about time for daddy to get home. I had just given Mason and Abigail dinner (daddy is usually home well before dinner) and walked to the other room to get their pj's ready. I walked back in and Abigail had a sad look on her face. I asked her what was wrong and she said " we were talking about daddy" I said " oh because he isn't home yet?" she nodded and said yes. I then got them down from their seats and they played in the living room. Abigail ran to the window checking for her daddy about 6 times. She would go to the window, scan the street and then come back and continue to play. I am sure if John was a fly on the wall he would have teared up too. He does tend to be a bit more teary eyed then me, but sshhh! Don't tell him I told you!
Today is the only "today" you have with your little treasures, so cherish them and when those tough days hit, just pray and do your best because even those tough moments are to be treasured.
Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.(Psalms 127:3-5 ESV)

No comments: