Saturday, October 10, 2009

Vroom, Vroom!!

I don't know what it is about kids but they sure bring a tremendous feeling of joy. Of course along with that they bring a tremendous feeling of " I want to pull my hair out!!" but let's not focus on that.
Today we went to Target, Kohl's, JcPennys, and.....(seriously there was a lack of selection and sizes) to pick up some new clothes for the kids. They both needed warm (can't say winter, cause it's California!!) clothing. My little guy REALLY was in need, he has been wearing 3/4 sleeved tee's that weren't meant to be so and capri's, for goodness sakes!
While I shopped around John took the kids over to the toy department. Of course, the kids both ended up with a new toy. Abigail's was Princess and Mason's had 4 wheels. Mason started to play with his car right way. At first he didn't like the sound it made so I turned that off and eventually turned it back on. That is when we really saw what this toy can do. You basically shake the car, set it on the ground, it revs up and takes off. Mason did this all the way up the walk way to Kohl's and back to the car. He then did it all the way up the walk way to the house and inside the house, and outside the house. Noelle had a hair appointment so I left John home with the kids. Noelle and I were gone for a little over an hour and we both wondered if Mason was still at home chasing the car. Sure enough we walk in and there he was, running after the car. So fun to watch. He was completely entertained and getting exercise, what more could I ask for?? Here is a link to this toy:
http://www.amazon.com/Fisher-Price-Disney-Pixar-Shake-Chick/dp/B001MK2NR0/ref=pd_sim_t_2

Abigail has turned into such a Princess loving, pink, loving little girl. Everything she wants has to do with Princesses. She loves to watch Cinderella and the ending brings her so much joy, she jumps up and down, and then she exclaims (every single time) " Mama, she got married!!!" The Princess toy John bought her was a very tiny ( 3 inches or so) Cinderella with all three of Cinderella's dresses. Abigail spent the day dressing Cinderella. The first dress she put on her was the wedding dress to which she exclaimed "Mama, she got married!!" Priceless, these children, these moments are absolutely priceless!!!

Okay so these bottom pictures have nothing to do with my post, I just haven't had a chance to post them on there own. This is basically what happens when you feed your 21 month old son cereal and then go take a shower. It becomes a stylishly messy hat. Of course I had 10 minutes to go before we had to leave, so Mason went to school with crusty cereal hair. The plus, by the time we got to school it had dried and looked more like it had been sculpted with mousse.. (okay that is just what I told myself). I tell ya, this little guy is going to keep me on my toes!!! Oh but how I love him, and Abigail, and Noelle, and my wonderful love, John!!!




No comments: